We almost have a contract on our house. They offered, we counter offered, they counter offered back and now we have to decide if the offer is okay with us. They have offered quite a bit less than we would have hoped, but the market has slowed and Rhonda(our agent) thinks it is okay. We are probably going to take it. They have a contract on their house and want to close Aug 3rd which is when our house in Arkansas is supposed to be ready. We can also use that as leverage with our contractors to have our house ready by then. I am so confused as to what to do. We will probably accept their offer, but then a part of me wants to say NO! This is my house and it is worth more than you are offering!! It is just a few thousand dollars that is separating the offers and we are on the losing end of this deal. I am just being greedy thinking of what a few thousand dollars can buy for our new house. Then the flip side is if we don’t accept the offer we might not get one for a while and spend a few thousand in house payments. So I guess reasoning will win this arguement and we will accept their offer. I will let you know if it all works out. I have some updates on the house but I will let you know all about that later. It is very late and I am off to bed. Sweet dreams everybody!!
Going, Going, Gone? July 12, 2007