Well, my friend Becca tagged me last week so I am supposed to let everyone in on seven random facts about myself. So, since I am one of the last to respond to her (Laura – I have not seen yours yet) here goes my randomness. Here are the rules. Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about the seven things and the rules. You need to choose seven people to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment that they have been tagged and to read your blog. I really don’t have 7 more people to tag but I guess I will do the best I can.
1. I was a pre-med major in college. Yes, I was going to be a doctor. Then I met Tom, fell in love and wanted nothing more than him as my husband and to be the mother of his children. Actually, I never did even finish school. Sometimes I regret that fact, but I do not regret not becoming a doctor. I can’t imagine myself doing anything but what I am doing right now.
2. Tom knew he was going to marry me before we had our first date. Our first date was a birthday dinner for me. He bought me a diamond necklace for my birthday. It was a small diamond drop pendant with a gold chain. He showed this to his mom and she said “Isn’t that a bit much?” and his response to her was “No Mom, I am going to marry her!” He did not tell this fact to me until after we were engaged. Don’t you just love a man who sees what he wants and goes after it?
3. My 9th grade year in school I had a skiing accident and almost died. The doctors told me that if I had fallen any other way, I would have broken my neck and killed myself. I had a cerebral skull fracture at the base of my neck. I had to be air flighted home to Amarillo from Colorado. Now who can say they have actually broken their head? Now you all know what is really wrong with me! The next year I was skiing again. Now that I am a mom, I can only imagine how terrifying that whole ordeal was for my mom.
4. I was such a tomboy when I was young. Who would have thought that now. There was only my sister and me, so my dad didn’t have boys to help him with all his stuff. I was more than happy to be with my dad in his garage fixing things. I was also quite fond of dirt and bugs. Some time in the 6th grade I discovered boys and the tomboy in me became history. Anyone who knows me now knows I am a little high maintenance.
5. Along the lines of Ashley and Becca, I will tell about my Barbie tales. I had every Barbie imaginable. I always loved to play with my Barbies. (Maybe I wasn’t such a tomboy after all) I especially loved the suntan Barbie. She would get a suntan when you put her in the sun. I also had the Burger King Restaurant for Barbie.
6. Every Christmas my sister and I would sleep together in her room on Christmas Eve (she always had a bigger bed than me). She would always wake me up in the middle of the night and we would go see what Santa had left for us. That is such a great memory for me. One Christmas I got a Big Wheel from Santa. I decided to take it for a test drive through the house. Now remember it ‘s the middle of the night and Big Wheels had those things in the wheels that made that clacking sound. Well, needless to say I was quite successful at waking up the house that Christmas Eve night.
7. I am horrible with money. Well, let me rephrase that – I can spend it very well. Just ask my friends, I love to shop. It is the saving and keeping up with my receipts that I am horrible with. Tom takes care of our money. He fuses because I am always losing my receipts and then they don’t get entered in the computer. He is really very sweet about it all. He just knows that is how I am. I try really hard, but usually there are a couple missing at any given time. The funny thing about all of this is the fact that the Lancaster’s have put me in charge of the money at school. I am responsible for collecting all the tuition, lunch money, field trip money, etc. at the school. I have done a pretty good job of that this year, so maybe there is hope for me yet. At least Tom is hoping I can change.
Well, these are random things about me that maybe you did not know. You may not want to know them now, but you do anyway.
Have a great weekend. I wil be trying to clean my house and get it ready to get on the market. We need someone to come in and paint our bathroom and bedroom. Have any of you used any painters and would you recommend anyone? We are looking for someone to pay and just get it done. Let me know.